Thursday 25 April 2013

Monochrome Mania

I just wanted to take a moment to gush about my love for this seasons monochrome trend. I used to think of monochrome as just plain and boring, the symbol of office outfits. That is until I saw the models descend the escalators at the Louis Vuitton S/S '13 show. I instantly wanted to be a Vuitton girl, all bouffant hair, flicked eyeliner and legs for decades in checkerboard mini dresses. Alas I don't quite have the legs to be strutting about in a bum skimming outfit, so I have embraced the trend in my own way....
Pictured below are my favourite monochrome pieces that I have purchased recently. My favourite way to wear the trend is by choosing one of these items and pairing it with black. For example the striped leggings with an oversized black tee or the striped shirt with black leather look leggings. I also love a bit of nail art (over 30 bottles of Barry M varnish and counting!) so I attempted a monochrome nail look, inspired by blogger Sara Luxe when she attended LFW earlier this year.
Monochrome is easily my favourite trend of the moment and I am glad to hear it is here to stay for A/W '13,

Holly Bon x







No comments:

Post a Comment